Thursday, April 10, 2014

Prusa i3: Graber edition: frame assembly

Once all the parts are lasercut it's time to assemble.  First, lay out all the parts.  I'm using a non-stick mat (slightly stained...) to keep screws/nuts from bouncing all over.  Small tupperware bins help keep the itty bits organized.


I took videos most of the time.  These are real-time; later I'll go back and make a condensed version, keeping only the essential steps.

Layout all of the parts

Assemble the Z Motor mounts & the frame

Assemble the base of the machine
Coffee is essential to any build process.  I'm doing this at 7 in the morning on a Saturday - while baby Scarlet sleeps in.




I didn't do much prepwork on this... some foibles included.  Assembling the front and the rear, including the Y axis motor and idler mounts.       

Final frame pieces - the upper Z rod mount!


 Frame Complete!  If you have any questions, or want photos of  particular assembly let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment