Monday, May 6, 2013

Bertha 3, last historic post

 The final improvements moving up to Mark 3 were adding an LCD and hiding the electronics and power supply below the bed.  This is almost entirely for style; I also cut some designs into the uprights to polish it up a bit.

It's hard to get a good closeup of the bed.  I don't have any pictures of the entire underside, either... I'll flip the machine over and take a picture eventually.


Shot of the front, with designs.
 I did print an enclosure for the LCD also, just hadn't yet installed it.  Also added some wheels to the front so I could move it around more easily.
 Underneath I made a mount for the Arduino Mega - the mega is clipped in, box is screwed on, and the fan gets zip-tied to the top.  I use a twist tie on the other side so I can flip the fan back as needed.  Box is hanging out on Thingiverse.
 Front of the box, and shows the tiny power supply bracket.  It was pretty tight getting everything down there.

Finally, video of the final machine printing.  Later I'll start posting about Bertha Mark 4, design and decisions I made about it.  Those extrusions are 400mm long, and rather strong - but I'm not planning to use them in anything.

I printed them to test sizes/designs for Mark 4; it'll be made with actual aluminum extrusions.  Despite the wobble, the pieces came out quite straight.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment