Wednesday, May 1, 2013

 Photodump from Bertha Mark 1 construction.  The box contains my ancient reprap Prusa, who does all the heavy lifting to make Bertha possible.


 I really wanted to show off the machine early, so I shoved some wooden dowels in.  The board is the original stiffener.  It was always planned to use square carbon fiber arms, but shipping from China is slow.

 First print!  Using 3mm filament, and I think the Trinity Labs super-geared hotend.  Can't quite recommend it for a Bowden setup, but it is very well designed and gives good filament grip.
Even with wood, it's nice and fast!  Note the build plate was just a piece of aluminum taped onto the bed.  After a certain amount of work on a 'printer' I will do anything to get it printing - it keeps me sane, and I've always thought that testing individual components saves time in the long run.

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment